CaptainJay said:
purplelily said:
Forgive my ignorance on this topic, (I only have so much time to waste at work!) but wasn't there a big hullabuloo recently about having provisions on board that were crossing borders?

Is anchoring the only way to clear in at Cruz Bay (forget docking near a ferry!)? No short term mooring balls?

Thank you Captain Jay for the suggestion. I'll look into CYOA again. As I recall, we've skipped that option in the past to avoid the half day check out procedure. I'm thinking now we might make up that time by avoiding the ferries. Not interested in hanging around STT long.

Also on that note, I think that's the other thing with a STT start - you'd have to spend 1 night in the marina there on each end.

Our briefing while thorough is by no means a half day. Typically two to three hours depending on the client and the complexity of the boat. Yes we are one of the most thorough in the industry but half a day would be an instructional skipper or refresher not a briefing.

The simplest way to clear customs in Cruz Bay is to take a mooring at Lind Point and dinghy in.

As for the night in a Marina on either end I am not sure where that comes from. Most guests do a sleep aboard the first night. We offer that at 50% of the daily rate. Typically unless your on a red eye from the West Coast you will arrive in the afternoon. The lions share of flights arrive between 2:00 and 4:00 PM. You show up do your provisions get comfortable do dinner in one of the half dozen or so restaurants in Frenchtown and start your briefing at 9:00 AM the next day. You should be off the dock and under way between 11:00 and 12:00.

On your return the only reason to stay on the dock the last night would be if your on the one early morning American flight back to Miami. Otherwise there are a bunch of options to stay close enough to return and be off the boat by noon.

St John, Christmas Cove, Water Island, Lindbergh Bay, Brewers Bay. All of these are very suitable anchorages for the last night.

There is no customs issue with food on board for consumption while in BVI waters.

Jay

Yep to all the above by Jay. Class act.