Pat, I agree with you. I have been a timeshare owner at Sapphire Beach Club since my honeymoon in October 1994. The following year, several hurricanes hit and Luis 1995, my wife and I were not informed until arriving at the airport and were told that island was not allowing tourists and were going to be sent to another island. We contacted Sapphire and they sent a person with our owners contact. The island was very similar to what I have witnessed back then. After going there many years and witnessed Gategory 2,3,4, Tropical Storms, Tropical Waves. Having backpacked across the island and staying with an island family during a tropical wave was not fun but very different and difficult. Hurricane Irma took it to a new level of disaster. In 1995, the gulf coarse and tennis village never was rebuilt because of the damage and financial fraud. My wife and I were to go there in the middle of October. Sapphire Beach as I have discovered has damage to the grounds and plants but I'm hoping no structural damage to the buildings because my wife actually saw Sapphire on tv. St. Martin is my second home. The rest of the island has major infrastructure issues and safety issues, and instability issues communication, travel and commerce.
For me this mess and tragedy is a Perfect Storm. Deadly and very unusual and chaotic atmosphere and not a good way to spend on a vacation. Being very intuitive, my spiritual self says wait until next year or even longer. I get Precognitive dreams and warnings about travel and future events. This year's karma is out of balance and global changes occurring daily. I'm hoping and praying that St. Martin can recover and heal and be the paradise I have fond memories. Thanks for listening..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]