We own one week at SBR and it works out great. Now would I advise anyone to purchase a timeshare? No. My wife purchased two weeks over 15 years ago, while we were engaged. I was not her husband and could not put my foot down...still can't ( I digress), but when she explained on how little she spent I was OK with it.

SBR (Pelican at the Time) sold us two weeks in September. They were in dire straights at the time and, to us, there was very little risk. We endured the drama of the Pelican Management fights and the foreclosure. We also thought of walking away because September just did not work out for us and the only way to get another week was to invest in...another week. Too costly because they realized with improvements they were charging more for the units. Skip ahead several years. They have now switched to points, we traded our two weeks, single bedroom, low season unit for a single week, two bedroom, high season unit. To us it works out great. Because we pay lower maintenance and a single week high season can translate to two weeks in the lower seasons and we can accrue up to two years. Is it the most economical deal? Maybe not. Is our TS an investment? Certainly not. But we crunched the numbers (the reps hate when you steal their calculator and star doing "math" in front of them) and year to year it works out decent. We love it because SBR is VASTLY improved, a known quantity, and to show up unpack for two weeks and head to the beach that's all we need. So to each his own....

Never walk onto a job site with empty hands. - Source Unknown