Well, the Email just arrived from RBC travel that I HAD TO CALL RIGHT AWAY!

RBC says, yup, your flights are cancelled. We can only rebook different dates. I tell her different dates don't work, we have to go on University reading week. She says you'll have to call Air Canada.

I call Air Canada, the agent there says she cannot process a refund, they can only pay back the Agent, RBC travel. This doesn't really work for me either.

I put Air Canada agent on hold, ring up RBC again, tell the story for the umpteenth time, then conference call the two agents, AC and RBC. I am sitting here listening to the two of them speak in secret Travel Agent language while they figure me out. You can type a pretty long post while on hold with these folks.

Looks like I will be getting a cash refund, rather than the AVION points I bought the tix with. I think the points are actually a more valuable currency than cash, but whatever. **No wait, it's turning out to be some magical combo of cash and points.

Now I'm not really sure what to do. Do I use this refund to try and get the kids some more tickets, or do I just go someplace else and give up on my beloved SXM for this year? I keep wanting to be optimistic, but I am exhausted by all the changes and uncertainty.

Working hard to be the best yacht bum I can be.