Trespalmas,

We returned over the weekend from our charter. I am working on a trip report. Finding the Super Bowl in Tyrell Bay may be a challenge. We walked almost the entire beach checking out most of the bars/restaurants and did not see a TV anywhere.The only place we did not go into was the Slipway restaurant at the southern end of Tyrell.

Hillsborough may be a possibility as there is a larger (this is relative) light brown colored hotel at the north end of the bay across the street from the beach - sorry I do not remember the name, but I think it began with an L.

Also, a few "new" things since the last time we were there 2 years ago. First, the dinghy dock at Salt Whistle is gone, only bones of a framework remain. This was never in good shape to begin with so no great loss. It is best to pull the dinghy on to the beach and tie it to a tree. Second, there are now more moorings in the Cays, Mayreau, and behind Newland's Reef on Union. These are administered and theoretically maintained by the conservation/national park authorities and seem to be in much better condition the the typical Grenadine private mooring. We used several with no problem. There is ample room left to anchor as well. The boat boys will be there to take your lines and help to tie you off. A tip is expected (beer/soda or a few $EC). Someone from the park authority will stop by to collect the mooring fee and give you a receipt.

Overall a great trip with with 20 knots or so of wind on the longer passages and 5-7 foot seas. Off the wind, we routinely made 7-8+ knots on a Lagoon 38 with a single reefed main.

Have a good trip.