Hi everyone,

First time poster so please be gentle smile I apologize in advance if this topic has been beaten to death....

A little background - I'm a 34 year old male coming off my second knee surgery since Aug. I've been the sole caretaker of a family member with severe mental health issues for the last 5 years.

Basically, I need to get the hell out of here to recharge for a few months or longer and the BVIs have always been the #1 destination on my wish list.

My question is this - how apt are you to offer a ride to someone looking to jump islands?

I realize this question almost comes off as cheap because you've spent a lot of money to own or charter a vessel and I'd be trying to do it on the cheap, which I realize is almost impossible. But I'd hope to reciprocate by using 20 years worth of experience fishing the northeast, cooking, cleaning, general labor, straight up cash, etc. I would do my part and then some. I would have a decent amount of money saved.

I'm an easy going guy who likes good conversation over a couple drinks. I love to fish, hike and snorkel. I've lived in the Florida Keys (Big Pine) and I've spent time in T&C and Aruba.

Given all that info (thanks for bearing with me) would any of you be at all inclined to give someone like me a lift if it fit your itinerary? One thing that might be a problem and might even make it damn near impossible is that I'm 6'3.

Any advice/insight, experiences good or bad, would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of any other forums that might better serve this question I'd welcome all suggestions.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. Safe travels!

- Rob B

Last edited by rbartolini12; 01/18/2018 06:14 PM.