Originally Posted by pat
Thank you for the heads up regarding Trip Advisor, and congrats on your good fortune of pre-storm ‘deals’....... I hope you enjoy Grenada as much as we did along with the rest of your sailing experiences.

Grenada is probably my favorite island! We stayed on the North Side of Grand Anse in a small 4 unit 2-bedroom apt. complex. It has changed owners since our first time staying @ this particular location - and they have cleaned up the place immaculately! They haven't changed any of the funkyness but were super to rent from, we all met on the lawn for sunset each evening to trade plans & stories. There is a "rock" beach but a small one to the right & Grand Anse to the left. We talked our friends into joining us for 2 weeks there last winter. The busses (vans) are a tourist attraction in their own right!

Pat, about the only thing you should not miss in Antigua besides Nelson's Dockyard, of course, is Shirley Heights party with, usually, steel pan. Sundays are crazy so we prefer Thursdays & the food is delicious - buffet style. We hire a taxi & they usually wait for us, very reasonable & who wants to drive in the dark across to the other side of of the island, especially when you've had a few Dark 'N Stormys!

Yes, we should get together in SXM next time! I am toying with the idea of getting my s-i-l on board & maybe doing a "family reunion" or at least a family reunion with us & them - the heck with the rest of the family! Altho. if they aren't fun, they can be funny!

Yes, TA is the only forum with anything regarding Antigua I could find since the old Antigua site closed down, and I can't remember what the name of it was. Miz George on TA might be able to guide you to something. There is Antigua Nice which is an online tourist and information guide that tells you what's going on food & music wise on the island.

Have fun, I hope to hear about your experience!