I'd always verify the booking before handing over any money - You can speak to John at Moorings who books all the owners times. I did that my first time booking owners time and always gave those buying from me the info to verify as well. Everyone owner can handle the pricing how they want. That's really between you and the owner. It is a good idea to discuss cancellation and other options just so you and the owner are on the same page.

As George said, you don't get the 4 hour guarantee in that you don't get any credit for future use, but they do come fix things just as quick. We had issues on probably half of our trips - from minor things to more major things (engine over heating, genset not running) and things we're always fixed quickly. There was only one trip where something couldn't be repaired (A/C on the 5800) and we could have moved to a 4800, but opted to live without it for our last 2 nights. They do their best to take care of things.

End of the day, it is a great way to get a discount. I am probably going to look into it myself for this summer - even though we own a boat, it is in Newport over the summer and we are trying to sell it and I'm having serious BVI withdrawl smile

Matt