Thanks for all the above input. I realize that the proper construction is essential, and it is reasonable to believe that the French government wants to rebuild this area in the correct manner. But, in reality unless fortresses were constructed on Orient Beach nothing is going to fare well against another Cat 5 hurricane with 180 mph winds and the storm surge. Is it conceivable to have temporary units on wheels that featured cooking facilities, canopies, etc. that could be closed-up say 72 hours before the next 'big one' strikes and transported to a safe storage area? Just asking. Another trailer-type unit could store beach chairs and umbrellas, albeit with a limited number. I'm thinking about fairs and events I have attended in the states that set up several days in advance, conduct business, and disassemble and move on to the next city. I wouldn't be in favor of a 'carnival' type atmosphere on Orient Beach, but a few temporary places for cruise ship passengers and other visitors might be nice and help bring in much needed tourism dollars. Is this a dumb idea?