So just trying to recap the issues here to make sure I (and possibly others such as myself who are less well versed on cruising procedures and C&I matters) understand correctly.

Here's what I perceive to be facts or logically deduced "facts":
It sounds like he made the passage from St. Martin, arriving at Peter around 4:30pm on a Thursday. He says the crossing was rough.
He picked up a mooring ball and paid for it.
He flew the yellow "quarantine flag".
BVI law requires that vessels under such "quarantine" be anchored in an official port of entry.
Official BVI ports of entry are Road Town, Spanish Town VG, Beef Island, West End, and Great Harbor JVD.
He was not in an official port of entry.
On Friday morning, BVI Customs and Immigration boat (or was it two boats, seems to be two, one C and one I, based on reading his account again?) came by and asked for documentation.

Here's some conjecture:
He was aiming to pass straight to USVI and make it to St. John. Otherwise, his first stop would obviously have been (and according to BVI law, should have been) Spanish Town, VG, Road Town, or West End.
He doesn't reference any specific injuries, but it sounds like he and his crew were pretty beat from a long, rough crossing, and sought the first refuge they came across. (again, it seems unlikely Peter would have been in their direct line if they had planned to stop in BVI)
Even so, it seems likely that, had they been up and off the ball at dawn or shortly thereafter, they would have been to Spanish Town, Road Town, West End, or even out of the BVI and into USVI waters by the time any customs office opened, or any enforcement boat would have come around to check on documentation.

At this point, it's difficult to know what else to think about the story given that emotions are obviously involved and, well, people are people, on both sides of this table. Even if all of the above is true, and the skipper of S/V BreeZen appears to have not specifically followed the correct procedure, the story of his treatment (not necessarily the fine), again if true (and even if he behaved poorly) is troubling.

I don't know what to make of all of this. One thing I do know is, in this day and age of media/social media, where an airline can be wrong even when a belligerent passenger completely unlawfully resists lawful authority, BVI Tourism Board unfortunately does not win the battle of public perception on this one. I have absolutely no agenda here, and no interest in stirring any pot, just trying to read between the lines as someone basically unfamiliar with this process from a cruisers perspective (and one who tends to go out of the way in advance to avoid these sorts of issues, where possible), and understand what likely happened here.