The news is our town was declared a disaster area and the good news is assistance is coming in from all over CT and the northeast in general including the National Guard helping clear debris and directing traffic and such.

No power yet besides the noisy generator. It I’ll take it! I don’t know about one set of neighbors since they’re snowbirds and away from FL on vaca and we can’t reach them. But the guy who keeps an eye on their house did get a tarp up to cover the holes. With all the rain I don’t know if it helped but it sure couldn’t have hurt. The neighbor on the other side has vacated and is in a hotel and we don’t know what his status is beyond a lot structural and cosmetic damage to his house, his pool house and his garage apartment roof.

We are very lucky that the trees which came down didn’t land on the house and the damage to our storage shed where we keep the pool stuff is minimal. Our biggest problem, beyond no electric is dealing with the mess. John won’t have to buy firewood for a while assuming we ever get it all cut up and stacked. And the electrician put up our new service so once power is restored to the street we are good to go.

The one thing that made me happy was we didn’t open the swimming pool yet. I’d be a real whiney thing if all that mess was in the pool........😒😒

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."