Finally, a voice of reason.

GH is one of the last relatively pristine deep harbors in the VI. So much fragile marine life, which will undoubtedly be chased away. And the coral! Very much alive and resplendent, which will also be destroyed.

And the history....ruins of the old coaling station which will no doubt be pilfered. And the very secret ruins of a Great House on the hill. (I spent scores of hours sitting with Conrad over the span of 40 years, before his passing. He finally gave me directions to the house that I knew existed, but could never find. And then I did.)

And even though the fishing operation is only conducted occasionally these days, it will be impossible to do so with the Willy-T traffic. (The entire area close to the beach is a BVI Protected Marine Area. HA! What were they thinking?!)

Now, the peace and tranquility of the bay will be replaced with gurgling generators, drunken aging frat-pirates bellowing Jimmy Buffett songs,
and a floating Senor Frog's.

I remember the days when Great Harbor was redlined by the bareboat companies because it was too deep to anchor, and there were no mooring balls. It was a favorite of those of us running crewed charter boats. Now it will be the bright porch light attracting all kinds of insects. And the lack of mooring balls?! That can and will be remedied in just a few days. Where there's a buck at stake, there's a way.

I join you in your heartache for Great Harbor.
Originally Posted by trueblue
Three points
So sad Great Harbor, a beautiful natural harbor will be hosting the Willie T. Not sure how the developer of an Eco resort can justify sending a fleet of boats here.

There are not enough balls in the harbor currently to support the number of boats who will descend on the Willie T.

We are here tonight and watched them site the anchor spots for the Willie T. On the shore opposite the barge.

My heart is breaking.