Originally Posted by yourcraig
Another poster mentioned there being no place to land or tie up a dinghy. They had to go as a pair and one person scrambled over riprap while other one idled the dinghy offshore. Was that your experience? Could they take a credit card at the tent? How long did it take overall and per person in line? The BVI Gov website just times out for me. Thanks!

First, referring back to the OP, I'm not sure if posting pictures of hurricane destruction is very helpful. There is a lot of it and I'm sure you don't need to go very far to find things to take pictures of. I've been there twice since the hurricanes. Very end of October and the first week of May. I can tell you that the scene now is way better than it was in October. I can also tell you that the natives are optimistic about moving forward. So while taking pictures of ugly depressing stuff might be interesting I would much prefer to see pictures of progress and hope. There is plenty of lovely stuff to take pictures of.

Yourcraig - My experience from first of May may now be too old to rely on but given the speed the BVI govt. makes changes I would bet nothing much has changed. You be the juedge. I pulled the dingy up to the ferry dock and tied it up to one of the big ferry boat cleats. And climbed up. I did that right next to the C&I tent and asked them if that was ok. They indicated that it was just fine. The amount of time to get through C&I was pretty much the same as it has been. When I was there there was no line so I was served right away. Got through the process in about 15 minutes. They cleared me in and out at the same time which was an improvement from pre-Irma visits in 2017. They only took cash, i.e., had no ability to take a CC.

Life's short - sail more!