Originally Posted by Dreamer
Originally Posted by Schwendy
I ...but the message is and has been clear who the gov wants as visitors.

Don't quite understand your comment...

My comment was referring to the general impression that many others have that the BVI gov is focused on luring the ultra wealthy to the islands as investors and not very concerned with the low life charter folks. I've always had a bit of an issue with the vip club program as a US visitor. More visits are required for US visitors than European visitors. Just my opinion, but I don't think it's a wise marketing plan to promote bias and preferential reward levels to one group over another. I could be totally wrong but I think US visitors far outweigh any others. I get the idea is to reach out to and encourage an increase visitation to a lessor market but don't shoot the other in the foot. It's like being a loyal cable subscriber for years and the new customer get's better rewards and discounts. I think it should be fair and even across the board for all visitors. I even suggested a one visit "quicker" bump up towards a benefit level for anyone that donated after the hurricanes. The tourism board thought that was a great idea but I haven't seen any results. Some are fortunate enough to visit the BVI 4 or 5 times a year. I can only visit once per year. Now let's say, the frequent visitor is a retired, wealthy husband and wife couple that travels alone, just the two of them. I bring a different group of friends at least 4 new people each time that have never been to the BVI and probably never would had it not been for my encouragement. Which is better from a tourism standpoint? It's a mute point anyway because the program is anything from sporadic to nonexistent.

[Linked Image]