Originally Posted by drcabral
[size:14pt]Well, we will be heading to the BVI this Weds for our adventure!! The boat, provisions are all set. Now where the heck do we go?! This is my loose itinerary, we have a preference for secluded beaches more than bar and night life. Hence the desire to visit Anegada, just don’t know if our sail times will wear on the crew. Trying my best not to go into overdrive and relax to enjoy the vacation. argue Considering motor sailing if things take too long.

Day
1-Cooper Island
2-Baths/North Sound
3-Anegada
4-Marina Cay
5-Cane Garden Bay
6-White Bay-JVD
7-Norman Island/Caves
8-Return

Nothing wrong with these destinations. Personally, I would skip Marina Cay. With Wednesday arrival, I'm assuming your Day 1 is Thursday - correct? Are you also starting from Roadtown, and on what type/size boat?

Day 1 - Perhaps the crowds are diminished this week, but Cooper Island looked pretty crowded each time I sailed past it a week ago. I hate having to arrive by early-afternoon to secure a mooring ball. Cooper Island is usually an upwind motor from Roadtown or at best a close-hauled sail. I prefer to ease the crew into the first sail. How about a pleasant broad reach to Norman Island on Day 1? If you depart by Noon, you'll have plenty of time to snorkel the Indians and Caves, if desired.

Day 2 - From The Bight it's still only ~13nm to The Baths. Depart latest by 7 am to arrive by 9 am, and you'll still beat the crowds (except for the boats that spent the night on an NPS mooring).

Day 3 - Take a close look at the wind forecast. I like to use WindFinder. It shows East 17~18 kts (gusting to 20 kts) on Saturday - plan for a 1st reef if heading to Anegada.

Day 4 - Sunday looks to be the strongest winds with E23 in the morning (gusting to 27kts). Skip Marina Cay. If you spend a 2nd day at Anegada, might want to stick to the west shore beaches to avoid blowing sand. Alternatively, you could sail (double-reefed) back to North Sound in the early morning and book a day (in advance) at Oil Nut Bay resort. If your charter company allows it, you can dock for the day at their marina. Alternatively, get the launch service from Gun Creek (I know they also do pickups at Leverick Bay, but this might be special order).

Day 5 - Cane Garden Bay

Day 6 - Jost Van Dyke. If your first time here, then I recommend grabbing a mooring at Great Harbour, then dinghy or taxi to White Bay instead of bringing your boat there. Too many accidents waiting to happen. Two weeks ago I watched a power cat come in towards the Ivan's side of the beach (in the midst of a squall) at full speed up over the reef at least 200 feet outside the buoyed passage. Dumb luck he didn't rip off the keels.

Day 7 - Cooper Island (~2.5 hr motorsail from JVD), or if you prefer some isolation, anchor instead at Deadman's Bay, Peter Island (2hr from JVD, and about 15 minutes closer to Roadtown on the Day 8 return)

Day 8 - return