|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
DanS
New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,494
Joined: November 2003
|
|
|
21 members (Rover, patentshark, johndana274, road3682, Beachguy1963, Stevemech, CarolinaSailor, USMCVET, Kevin_B, Sxmsmile, KC2SXM, FFSXM, nevar37, GOTOSUN, pburke40, 6 invisible),
421
guests, and
56
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 17
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 17 |
Hi all reporting from Cane Garden Bay this am as Beryl and her bands past thru, we had a very close call and good fortune as the high winds and rain broke our mooring pendant off, leaving us free and adrift in the mooring field during very bad weather. This about 7am I can't remember. Fortunately I had been up a while and paying attention . We were dangerously close to another boat so I ran up and check the mooring only to find we are attached to a pendant that had broken free from the ball. Ran up cranked engines avoided collision and stomped on deck to wake crew. We grabbed another ball quickly as the gusts and rain slacked for just a moment. Fast and alert thinking on my/crews behalf is all I can say that saved us and another boat(s) from possible disaster. Thank God this didn't happen while we were sleeping. Can't stress enough how fortunate we all were. "Moor-Secure" pft.. I backed down on it yesterday and held fwiw... Talk about adrenaline...It's an adventure folks! ![[Linked Image]](http://www.iwunder.com/mms/brokenpendant.jpg)
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|