Clearly you had a lot of issues that you shouldn't have had.

A couple issues, I wouldn't consider issues - remote windlass at helm and underwater lights. Both are simply bonus items and actually more rare then common and neither really takes away from a trip. I'd expect any necessary systems or systems that provide comfort (A/C) to be working though.

Having A/C, wasn't that powered on when you arrived? We've only chartered with Moorings and every boat with A/C is always cold when we board. If a boat wasn't, I'd question the A/C right away.

I think George's comment about experience is due to the fact that a number of the items could have been discovered when going over the boat prior to departing. Radio check, checking the A/C..etc. We always check every system we can prior to leaving - radio, genset, A/C, heads, engines, fridge/freezer..etc. Cleaning the day a boat is departing isn't too unusual either.

This is one reason many suggest a sleep aboard. It gives a lot more time to find any potential issues like you had so they can be addressed first thing the following morning.

With all the issues you had, did Horizon offer any credit or any type of compensation?

Matt