George--the original post already said they would not put the dog in a commercial cargo hold, which I personally would never do in a million years, for a pleasure trip. I actually have seen some commercial private services that transport dogs, but I'm sure the cost is astronomical. I actually THINK that there are SOME cruise ships that do have facilities for dog kennels onboard, I'm thinking perhaps some of the Cunard ships?? Suggest that the original poster contact a CRUISE ONLY travel agent with that particular question, to see if that is an option. I don't think any cruise ships are yet going to the BVI but they are going to STT by now..

With regard to the fake ESA question, I have a good friend who is involved with dog competitions at a very high level, and he tells me that many people have their performing dogs certified as ESA dogs, so that they can take their Labradors, Belgian Melinois, etc., in the main cabin, for free. Oh, and on a somewhat similar note, the other day I was at the grocery store, and watched three VERY able bodied people hop out of monster of those monster jacked up trucks, parked in a handicapped space. The truck did have a 'hang-tag' handicapped plackard on the mirror. I muttered under my breath that they certainly looked like they NEEDED that handicapped space. (Especially considering I KNOW no legitimately handicapped person could have gotten IN or OUT of that truck!) The woman responded "My mother is handicapped". I seriously considered responding "Where is she??", but figured I didn't want to get pounded into the ground by such trailer park trash. Hopefully there is a fourth circle of Hell for both such types of people...

Carol Hill