I'm laughing a bit here since the last thing that would be a factor to me on a vacation destination decision would be the absence or presence of a dishwasher, considering our in-unit cooking at our timeshare usually consists of coffee and pastry or reheated left-overs from some of the great island eateries, but that's just me. And I do realize this wasn't your concern but something that was mentioned, none the less.

I have no personal knowledge of LaVista or LaVista Beach but knowing some of the people who own there I'm sure it is a very nice place to stay.

We have a dishwasher at the Towers and I can never come up with enough dirty dishes to justify running it. If, however, this was of major importance to you and you were considering BSV and the dishwasher is important, rest assured, the maids will do dishes if you leave them in the sink. We were running late for an appointment one morning and I left two coffee mugs, two juice glasses, two sandwich plates and two spoons in the sink along with the empty coffee pot and when we returned, they were washed, dried and put away for us. The maids are very nice and very thorough.

The thing my DH likes most about BSV is he can sleep as late as he chooses, not that he often does, and he knows I won't pester him to get up and get ready to go to the beach since we're already there. Well, that and the fact he can watch the planes come and go all day long from our front doorstep or from the pool deck and if he's of a mind, he can walk down to the observation deck and watch them from there. He really does love watching the planes come and go and we always request a room on that end of the property to have benefit of the unobstructed runway views.

BSV really is a great place to stay in that you can park yourself there and never leave if that's your idea of a perfect vacation, but at the same time, I'm sure all the other suggestions are equally good and none would be a disappointment. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your vacation wherever you end up spending it.

Oh, and there is security walking the grounds and the beach all night; Jeannie can and does deliver there; We always send Tracy an email and book that way; We always ask to stay on the pool end up the property since it's easy and convenient plane viewing but if you don't feel like being social, you probably would not want to stay in the much coveted unit #14 since we always find people tend to want to say good day and chat en-route to or from the pool. We enjoy it but some might not or might find it obtrusive. Again, we enjoy it.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."