|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,080
Members27,641
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 85
Joined: March 2001
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
11 members (Eva, caribmichael, IWIWSE, 2tannedfannies, Lovethebeach65, S/Y Mockingbird, Lady Di, Rumlover, socamon, jbutah, 1 invisible),
519
guests, and
79
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 559
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 559 |
Who is supposed to pay cruising tax? My boat is managed by CYOA out of CA where it is chartered when I am not using it. This past August we came in to BVI at West End where I was told I had to pay $16/person/day cruising tax for my four friends on board. While myself and my two family members did not. We were absolutely not operating as a charter boat, i.e., my friends were not paying anything other than sharing the operating costs and I presented paper work proving the boat was owned by myself. Neither I nor my friends were charged any fee by CYOA. I am of the opinion that as we were not a "charter boat" I should not have to pay the tax. Obviously I can say that all I want but if C&I says otherwise I don't have much recourse. However, I would like to know if I'm right. Anyone?
Life's short - sail more!
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|