We are looking for some specific information about Scrub Island. Any info/advice will be very gratefully receieved.

In the past we have never had cause to visit Scrub Island (other than tooling around in the dinghy in January this year to see if anything was open!). However, we have two BVI newbies joining us for a week next May/June. They are flying in to EIS so we thought it might be a good place to start their week.

My wife and I will have been aboard the boat for two weeks already so I'm thinking, filling up the water tanks, topping up batteries, ditching trash would be a good plan. Plus, after a long day travelling for our guests (who will be new to sailing and new to the BVI) being marina based with aircon and shoreside facilities might be a good way to ease them in. Plus, Diamond Reef for their first early AM snorkel!

I gather that a 48ft monohull with 6ft draft will easily fit in Scrub. And that dockage is c. $80 + $30 for electric + $x for trash + $x for water etc etc.

Any advice/info from others who have used the marina previously would be gratefully received. Some specific questions below:

-Ferry. Am I right that we can get a free ferry over to Trellis, to meet our guests and then free ferry back over to Scrub?

-Dining. Not looking to go 'big'. Are there casual, easy dining options available that won't break the bank?

-Mooring. From memory I understand this is alongside? Rather than aft-to with a bowline to a pile (per Sunsail/Moorings base).

-Booking. Should we be booking way in advance, or fine to give them a holler a few days out?

-Grocery/Deli. I've heard people mention this before. Any details of the kind of things available would be really helpful. One of our guests is Coeliac...so we will be more focused on provisions than we have been in previous years.