I must admit this entire thread has me concerned. I am visiting St. Martin with my 25 year old daughter next week. We will be staying aboard my vessel in Cole Bay - an industrial area. I have rented a car for exploring the island and we may use our dinghy during the day.

I typically do not venture out late at night as I am not a night person and hate driving at night in unfamiliar places. I also worry about 2 women walking alone lets say from the restaurant Lagoonies to back to our vessel after dark. I understand I need to be aware of my surroundings at all time - which applies anywhere for that matter.

Anyways we are hoping to visit Grand Case, Marigot, maybe Grand Anse and Oyster Pond as well most likely during the day and returning not later than 8 or 9 pm - depending on what meal we eat out. I am have not driven on SXM as I usually visit with my husband and he drives. Is this an issue or should we limit our excursions to daylight hours? Meaning lunches out and back to the boat by sunset.