I would agree with everyone to avoid the lowlands and Baie Nettle at night. Just go through Marigot and take the Causeway. Then along airport fence, through Maho and the Mullet golf course and you're in Maho.

With my husband we've driven at night through the lowlands, but it skeeves me out. Doors locked, windows up, don't stop. But it's dark. No lights. What if something happens to the car? A flat? I'd personally not EVER want to be in that position. During the DAY a young female tourist was jogging and killed along that road. It's just too desolate and the unsavory factor is right nearby with their motor bikes and no jobs. I was even told by people who live on island that they also pose as landscapers along that road, with weed eaters and masks....and try to get you to stop....at an hour there should not be a government worker cutting back grass or weeds.

It's just not worth it when you have a safer option, but that's just my opinion. Things were delicate prior to Irma and now the fabric of society is stretched thin.

"It is good to do nothing all day, and then to rest" wink