This thread goes along with another thread which is on SXM people talk referenced to grammar mistakes and that some people who think that those who correct them are jerks. This is right up that alley in that millennials and "text" talk has caused problems. The abbreviations and/or acronyms are not widely known to all especially newcomers. Unfortunately there will always be new and misunderstood acronyms. Yes it saves time etc as long as we are all on the same level of understanding. I believe I posted that we used a messaging program on our in car computers. We would combine cop speak with 10 codes and signal abbreviations for brevity. For example if I had a ride along person in my car and I was going to ask my zone partner in adjoining zone if he wanted to meet at Gecko's restaurant for a meal the text would look like this: X56 Gecko's XX gotta X12 X97?. To someone who doesn't understand the cop speak it would be nothing but gibberish. To meet with a party in 10 code would be 1056 but X as in Roman numeral for 10 is quicker. So X56 is the same as 1056 or meet at. Gecko's is self explanatory. XX is Roman Numerals for 1010 which is 10 code for meal period. X12 is for 1012 which is 10 code for have a person present. X97 is 1097 or 10 code for on scene. Ans obviously the question mark designates a question. So to write it all out would take up spaces. Do you want to meet at Gecko's for meal time and I have a rider with me? is the same as X56 Gecko's gotta X12 X97. Just my 2 cents worth = just my .02

[Linked Image]