Originally Posted by pat
I agree completely. If someone is just making up their own abbreviations as they go, it can be problematic but basically, the vast majority of users are working with very common abbreviations for this forum. And when in doubt, ask away!

For those who need a little help, since I didn’t get the G&T reference, these are just a few of the more commonly used acronyms:

PJA - Princess Julianna Airport
PJIA. - Princess Juliana International Airport
SXM - St Martin/Sint Maarten
AXA - Anguilla
StB - St. Bart’s
P’berg - Philipsburg
StK - St. Kits
GC - Grand Case
OB - Orient Beach
OBC - Orient Beach Club
OBBR - Oyster Bay Beach Resort
BSV - Beachside Villas
SBR - Simpson Bay Resort
RILP -Royal Islander Le Plage
AUC - American University of the Caribbean
TTOL - Travel Talk on Line
ROFLMAO - Rolling on. Floor Laughing My......... Never mind. I’m sure you got it already!

Idk - I don’t know
Jic - Just in case

Adding a few more as requested:

SMYC - St. Maarten Yacht Club - great spot for breakfast and drinks while yacht watching
BBC - enjoyable blended Island drink made with Baileys, banana, and chocolate
BBB - Buccaneer Beach Bar
CO - Club Orient
co - clothing optional

And the list goes on and on. These may seem pretty inane to most here but I can easily see where and why a new-comer might be at least a little bit confused by them. I’m sure there are lots more but these come immediately to mind. 😊😊

There is one that always confuses me - SBYC - Which could be Simpson Bay Yacht Club condominiums, obviously in Simpson Bay on the lagoon side - OR - could also be Simpson Bay Yacht Club which actually exists and meets, or did, at the Passanggrahan Hotel in P’berg. Go figger...... I get it confused all the time with SMYC, home of one of the best Bloody Marys on the island. Or so they tell me.......

Last edited by pat; 01/31/2019 10:37 AM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."