Originally Posted by pat
Originally Posted by SammyM
Never heard it called Orient Bay Lookout ... just Paradise View. Maybe they are referring to the lookout just north of Oyster Pond called Rotary Lookout Point. Some great views from here. There's this little wooden platform that you climb up to snap photos from and take in the view. It's located just off Rue de Coralita, I believe.

I was thinking of the same spot Sammy mentioned on the ocean side of the road. Plenty of room to pull your car off and take in the views but I doubt the ‘platform’ survived the latest hurricane. It was sort of ramshackle the last time we stopped there, perhaps 9 or 10 years ago. We were there one time, again many years ago, and actually waded in the water out to the furthest sandbar and couldn’t help but wonder why so many smashed conch shells ruffled the waters there. A few days later someone from the island said the people who ‘fished’ for conch used to clean the conch there and turned the shells back to the ocean. It sounded like a reasonable explanation at the time but I can’t swear to its veracity.

That's the place I posted directions to from Phillipsburg. Since I didn't know where anyone would eb coming from I thought most people know P'Burg. RO