|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 165
Joined: December 2009
|
|
|
16 members (SXMScubaman, socamon, Flotsam, GaryC, Rover, charlie, caribmichael, cbinparadise, Rumlover, Jimgraham, Zanshin, UconnHusky47, FLCajun, inskis, 2 invisible),
437
guests, and
191
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 111
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 111 |
2 years ago I sailed a DYC charter cat for a bit over 2 months with my family from BVI - Guadeloupe and return (1k miles, 10 countries, 40 islands). I provided more detail on this board and others before and after the trip.
It was necessary for us to stay somewhat connected. I spent the better part of 4-6 months prepping for the trip including considering connectivity. In the end, I felt the best way to do so was simply to use my Verizon cell phone as hotspot, in addition to WIFI onshore/nearshore when/where available. This was a reasonably good solution for that area considering both connectivity and cost. I considered buying and installing a directional antenna to pull WIFI from shore, but after much research figured this was not worth the trouble/effort.
Kevin
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|