When we were there last week or so, a group of boaters swam ashore to the beach at Guavaberry. It was a red flag day. One of them had so much difficulty in the rough surf, he laid down on the bench and wouldn’t go with his friends when they left him to snorkel around to the Baths. A few hours later, they came back to get him. They brought a flotation device and swam him back out to the boat. Not the best day for him.

BTW, so many people think that they can get to the Baths from the beach at Guavaberry. You can’t. Unless you can seriously climb boulders, you can’t. My husband climbs the boulders for fun. He helped boaters find their way out of the boulders because they were already scratched up from trying to pick their way down. Your only option is to swim (fins are best) to the Baths. I’ve sat on that beach numerous times over the last 20+ years, and every day someone swims up, or lands at Trunk Bay, and thinks they can walk to the Baths. I wish charter companies would include that info in the briefing. There is no path.

Last edited by ohstate; 04/09/2019 08:16 PM.

[Linked Image]