Re sharks: On a surf trip in Baja, Mexico a group was about to enter the water right by a local fisherman." Are there sharks here?", asked one of the group." Taste the water", said the grizzled fisherman." Tastes salty", said the young surfer. "Then there are sharks," said the fisherman as he cast his line...That said, after nearly 40 years of surfing in many parts of the world I have only seen a couple of sharks and they never bothered us. I feel lucky to have actually seen a shark.
I also find that fins are needed as my age increases.I have those short fins and they are terrific..even the "short" swim from a boat to shore at White Bay can suddenly seem much further than you thought..and fins will really push you along. So sad to read these stories every year, often from accidents in the shorebreak at CGB when there is a big swell. It would be nice if some advice was given aboard the cruise ships before the people are brought to the beach.I know this gentleman was on a cat..but , quite often, the victims come from the cruise ships. Is there any update on this story?

Last edited by Manpot; 04/10/2019 12:11 PM.