Many years' ago (1989) I was on a second date with my future wife. We had gone to "The Hamptons" for a Sunday afternoon. Upon our return to Western Long Island, we stopped at Smith's Point. I had secreted a cooler in my trunk. I had a bottle of Chardonnay, some pate' and a baguette.

We approached the Fire Island Seashore Station at Smith's Point and parked. I asked if I could park in the 'fisherman's ' parking spaces, and take my GF for a walk on the beach. The Federal Park Ranger said, enjoy.

We walked west about a 1/2 a mile, and after awhile, found a piece of driftwood which looked like a good seat. We sat. opened the wine and proceeded to enjoy the pate' and the ocean.

While there, a man walked by, he was nude. While somewhat taken aback, we were asking each other, would you ever do this? Obviously, we were both intrigued

Several weeks later, we were faced with an unusually warm Columbus Day. We each offered to do a beach day. We met at my apartment and brought our separate but contributive offerings to our day. We brought beverages, eats, sunscreen and reading material.

When we arrived at our prior mentioned driftwood, and unpacked, we were suddenly aware that, in our haste, we forgot swimsuits! We found that we were gradually made comfortable by the surrounding, veteran naturists. This started our naturist encounters and has survived over twenty years.

Since then, we have been to Naturist venues in several States, Countries, and Islands. We have met others who are like minded and enjoyed their company in a variety of locations. We have been married for Twenty-One years and are going to be at Hidden Beach, next week.

We are sorry to see the demise of a natural beginning that created a lifetime.