Email response after 5 days. If I get this, why would I not get flight notifications?

April 30, 2019

Hello Mr. McKnight:

Thank you for contacting American Airlines Customer Relations and for being a valued AAdvantage® member since 1987.

I'm sorry that our schedule changes are interfering with your trip. I can understand your disappointment about the lack of communication, as well. I do apologize. It does show in the record that emails were sent to your email address regarding the schedule changes. As for why you aren't getting them, I can't answer that. I have made internal notes to the right people regarding your notification concerns. I'm glad you took this occasion to tell us about your disappointment as it gives us the chance to apologize for the inconvenience, explain our policy, and look into why you aren't receiving the notifications.

It's really not unusual for our schedules to change several times within a single month and if we were to call customers each and every time there was a change, it would be frustrating and confusing for our customers. Most changes are minimal and rarely impact overall customer itineraries. Since this trip is not until November, I can't say that it won't change again as schedules are not guaranteed. If, over the coming months, things are still not where you like them to be please call Reservations as they will be the folks who can help in the best way possible. Again, I'm sorry for the resulting difficulty when we changed the flight schedule for your trip.

Mr. McKnight, despite the rough start to your planned trip, I am sure that memories will be made and we look forward to welcoming you aboard your flight.

Sincerely,
Michael Hammer
Customer Relations
American Airlines

J.D.