Once beautiful , peaceful, wonderful places are discovered by cruise ships, it is a down hill slide into a non caring theme park. Aka , Disneyland, Water World , etc..

It does not mater where it is, The BVI, Bora Bora, or for many of us ,also our own hometowns that are in the mountains, at the beaches or on an island.

Actually , it breaks our hearts to see these very special places that we know and love are vanishing, at least the way that we knew them.

As to the BVI, there is sadness in our hearts to read the above posts, For many years , many of us have had the wonderful opportunity to experience
the BVI, and get to know and befriend the island people as well as other sailors and boaters . Will the new visitors be able to experience those feelings ?
I do not know..

The reason that we skipped the BVI, a year after Irma is that I did not want to see the destruction of those islands , the loss of homes, and the hardships that
the people were going thru. My heart and mind just did not want to experience that. I was not BVI STRONG.

Yes, we skipped a year, and are very proud of the strength and recovery of the BVI. Positive thought, in less than two weeks, you all know, we are returning
for the best ever BVI sailing vacation. Stand by to stand by, the party light is going to be illuminated, the sailing the best, and our hearts mighty happy..

This feeling also strikes home, as we witnessed our beloved island of Kauai, subjected to the developers who want to turn Kauai into Maui, or Oahu,
I do not understand how elected or appointed officials could allow that. Well, maybe we all have an idea about that.

And now, after leaving Kauai, we moved to a the wonderful beach town of Dana Point, and the same thing is starting to happen here.

Our plan is simple, we are going to fight it , by voting to oust the city officials who back this money grubbing debacle, but also we will keep on having the
absolute best time enjoying Dana Point and South County and the people , the beaches,, the harbors,and the trails for as long as possible.

A toast To all of you, who feel the same, no matter your heart felt place on earth,......who knows , we may all be living in the Tuamotos some day.