Originally Posted by DesertWinds
Looks like this thread was veering off course. Maybe I can bring it back a little.

SonOfTheSea,
Great trip report. Especially since we're using DYC for the first time. I have a few questions. It's sounds like DYC did the boat/chart briefing early morning. What kind of boat were you on and how long did it take? Is topping off the fuel at Marina Cay a typical DYC departure practice? Do know if having a pilot on board out of Scrub and/or over to Marina Cay is typical? Just wondering and trying to get the lay of the land.

Good questions! My half of our group had a Fountaine Pajot Helia 44 and our other half of the group had a Bali 4.3. We did our briefing at 10am and it took maybe 35-45 minutes.
I don’t think it’s necessarily standard practice for DYC to top off fuel at Marina Cay during checkout, we were an exception because we had to use the generator during our sleepaboard since shore power wasn’t working on the boat that night. DYC made it right for us by covering that fuel cost since it was necessary to use the generator until they fixed the issue during our briefing. Having said that, however, I highly recommend verifying your fuel level before leaving the dock. Our boat was at 84%, which is roughly 20+ gallons shy of a full tank. Our sleepaboard generator the first night couldn’t possibly have used that much fuel, so obviously our boat wasn’t full when we we got on it. Just make sure to verify since it wouldn’t be fair having to replace fuel you didn’t use.
I’d imagine DYC would provide someone to take you to Marina Cay if you need them to. They will also bring you in from there upon your return, just radio Scrub a few minutes before you’re ready.