Originally Posted by nouth
Thank you all, very helpful. Please humor me one more question. Do all these resorts have an elevator for getting to upper floor rooms, especially RI (which we are leaning toward)? May sound like a dumb question but OBBR does not.

Royal Islander has two elevators - one on either side of the lobby and more or less servicing each side of the resort, Thank heavens.

0n one trip we were staying three weeks on the island and as so often is the case these days, I waaaay over packed, even for me. We ended the last of our island stay, after vacating our timeshare which does (or did?) have elevators, with a week at the GCBC in one of their upstairs loft units. I thought DH was going to strangle me when we got there and he had to lug the suitcases up two flights of stairs to our suite and then, once inside our unit he realized there was still another flight of stairs to the actual bedroom area.

If you decide on RICLP, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. They really have thought of every amenity and in theory, you could stay there without a car if you are of the mindset to relax and stay put. That would definitely NOT work for us but this IS one place where it would be doable.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."