Originally Posted by sail445
What a load of Cr-p, Airlines are enough of a hassle why doesn’t everyone call their charter company and tell them to tell boaty ball to disappear.
Who needs this Petty aggravation?

I spoken to Moorings previously and relayed I dont think this is good for either boaters and businesses that choose to use BB.

The latter issue has to deal with the "boatyball hole" which mainly happens in the off season. As an example in Cane Garden right now at 5pm not one single boaty ball is reserved out of 10. Yet if you pull up the webcam you will see plenty of boats in the harbor presumably at FCFS balls. Why pay $10 more to be locked into times when you dont need to?

Taking this further lets assume I wanted to go to CGB today. I could just watch the app and see if anything was reserved and then go in whenever and if I cant find an FCFS ball hop on a boaty ball as 2nd choice. So BB owners lose to non BB owners. In fact I am sure someone could go in and "squat" on a BB mooring right now and not be bothered as the fare collectors will skip over the BB balls....

Mainly my issue with BB has been the deceptive and disingenuous way it has been portrayed from the start...at some point I imagine it will catch up with BB from the businesses and when that happens maybe there will be change.

Baaaaa