Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by sail445
How about if they did the same with all the supermarkets you visit and you had to get up at 7:00am to purchase a parking reservation and then you decide to visit another market where you don’t have a reservation.

That's a very good point I had never considered and it makes total sense now. I think if I had to pay $30 to park my $1m car in Tortola but I had the option to pick my spot for $10 extra, I'd make a reservation. If was driving around in a super expensive car that I also lived and cooked in but couldn't afford the extra $10, I would probably start growing my own vegetables. Thanks.

This has to be my favorite response on this topic so far.

If you are comfortable and happy with FCFS, then what's the beef? Oh yes, it reduces the overall pool of FCFS. Well then, it appears that most FCFS'ers are quite comfortable with anchoring, and also happy with the fact that anchoring is free. So what's the beef? Oh yes, some peeps might just want an alternative and perhaps the opportunity to stay on the water longer. Not cool, say the FCFS'ers! Oh, but what about the folks that will put vessels and passengers at harm in order to not lose out on that reservation fee? Feh - people have done stupid things before BoatyBall and will continue to do stupid things afterwards. BoatyBall doesn't encourage stupid anymore than it will fix it.

I remain a proponent of it and hope to use it in our upcoming Spring 2020 trip.