Originally Posted by ScurvyD
On the way to Anegada have them sit on the back and look at the big islands behind, until far enough to see Anegada ahead. Land is never really out of sight.

Its funny you say that...my brother in law is the sail guy and a few years back asked me if I would navigate him to Anegada since I am a licensed Captain and although I know 0 about sails do know how to navigate. he had never been there and I had been there 1x

as we left Leverick we remarked how strange it would be to not see land at sea...only to look back and see VG all the way up....:)

I endorse Warren et.al.'s position...its Anegada all the way. The sail up is easy but the sail back IMHO as a complete non sailor is the nicest leg by far.

I would look at the weather and have a plan B. In October we had no wind dead flat seas but had a powercat so that was great. Feb we had 8 foot rollers broadside which wasnt much fun and in May we had 3 ft seas both times with the 51 cat

As Jason indicated it is a lot easier approach then one would imagine and it is simply one of the best sites in the BVIs.