It has been mentioned many times and currently being discussed on the AA thread but one needs to be vigilant in checking their flights.

I went through the same things others have with AA and schedule changes/flight cancellations and an itinerary that required an overnight and received NO notification. Yes, I had email notification set up in my AA account. Yes, I checked my spam folder and no AA was not blocked from sending me emails. I found out only by checking myself. Cancelled that mess of an itinerary and booked with Delta.

Received email confirmation of my booking with Delta on May 2 and thought all was well. Sometime in June or July I checked my flights with Delta and found some minor schedule changes but again, NO notification and I had it set up. I then spent 2-3 hours between talking with Delta and my internet service provider over the non-existent emails. They insisted on blaming each other so that went nowhere other than me wasting my time. I was even unable to email myself a receipt or itinerary from the Delta site to my internet provider email but I could email it to a yahoo account. Since yahoo email would allow this I then changed my notifications to yahoo email and guess what? Another schedule and equipment change within the last 2 weeks this time and NO notification again. While the schedule change is minimal the equipment change is not and results in a different seat configuration that changed our seats to where they are not together. I only found this second change by checking myself.

What prompted me checking again was my wife recently flew Delta and I received a customer satisfaction survey by email to the same email address I had registered with Delta that nothing else was coming though on.

I only have personal experience with AA and Delta of late but I would remind everyone to regularly check your flights yourself and do NOT rely on the airline to notify you. You may be in for a surprise if relying solely on airline notification.

J.D.