Next week will be my 8th or 9th visit to the BVI. I always arrive by ferry and as most will agree it's not always pleasant going through customs. Years ago I applied for and received the BVI VIP Card which is the program to expedite you through customs. I soon found out they require a minimum number of visits to actually get any of the benefits. Oddly enough, the USA being their most frequent visitor country required more visits than Europeans. Since I've had enough visits, I've gone through the tedious process of gathering everyone's documents in my party, filling out all of their forms, contacting them to confirm the program is still active and then submitting everything well in advance of my trip. Last year, after doing all of this, they told me the program was only being offered for airport passengers due to Irma. I checked this year for Road Town customs arriving by ferry and they said yes. Tried to confirm 3 times over the past two weeks and nothing but silence.

Fishing License. Each year I apply, I get the license within two or three days. This year, nothing. Emailed and called 3 times. Spoke directly with Ken in the Fisheries Dept. and he said he'd get right back to me. Nothing. I really don't think any island government from the Bahamas down to Grenada are very gracious towards there bread and butter visitors but the BVI takes the cake!

[Linked Image]