We had an interesting flight home in July on Jet Blue. We made the turn by Sunset Beach Bar and began barreling down the runway when all of sudden the pilot threw the brakes on. Needless to say, stuff went flying and for a few seconds which felt like minutes, I thought we were going to flip over. The pilot then came on and said there was an oil sensor that went off. He wasn't sure if it was just a sensor issue or whether we had in fact lost all oil pressure. We went back to the gate and sat for a couple of hours. Unfortunately there were no technicians on the ground in St. Maarten who could assist in determining the cause or fix the issue. Finally the folks in NY cleared the plane to take off calling it a faulty sensor. As we took off and made that first turn which for some reason was exceptionally sharp that night, I think everyone on the plane said a silent prayer hoping they were right. We arrived at JFK well past our scheduled arrival time. As for damaged luggage, I purchase most of my luggage from e-bags and they offer a lifetime warranty on the bags. On our trip this past October, one of our bags ended up with a small crack. Their customer service is great, replacement bag is on the way. Perhaps your luggage has its own warranty? I agree with Carol, it's worth a letter to Jet Blue regarding your flight and the luggage.