jAgain, my thanks,,,I did try googling,,,jeff bergers site, etc., but didnt seem to find anything. It is only 5 nights (feb 4-Feb 9.....found out it will cost 220 per person more to fly home on the 9th via westjet rather than original booking departure date of Feb 4...but..THe flights have gone up considerably since we book a direct round trip a few months ago, so that makes sense. I cant see that La Terrese could be too bad,,but as you say, not on oceanfront, wonder if they allow guests from Royal Islander (La Plague and La terasse ) to go between resorts at all? Lots to consider, so still looking.
This ttol is a great thing for gathering info from SXM travellers, Love it. We are booked Jan 28-Feb 4 at Sol Y Mar above greenhouse with our friends (love the place and location), but so tempting to add the additional time for hubby and I. We stayed at the old Caranvansarai back in 2005, and liked the location. I did notice some spots for rent at the Alegria, but am hesitant there, based on all the comments, etc. lol

Randy and Meg Young