Hello from cold and rainy Vancouver, Canada!

I have dreamt of sailing in the Caribbean for many years, and have recently decided to make 2020 the year to make that dream come true. I was pointed to this forum as the place for info on the BVI.

Right now I'm looking at chartering a bareboat yacht mid November of next year. I'm planning on a 7 night cruise of the islands with my girlfriend. We're both most interested in the natural aspects of this trip, and less so in restaurants, night life, etc.. I'm used to some pretty remote and secluded places here in BC. Is there any room for that in the BVI…in November? I'm somewhat set on that month in particular, but if someone has compelling reasons to avoid it I would love to hear them!

If anyone has experience based recommendations for flights from Vancouver to the BVI I would love to hear them. Is flying to STT the best option? Is saving a couple hundred bucks each worth the hassle and unpredictability of the ferries?

I'll continue scouring the wealth of this forum, but if anyone is willing to share some wisdom directly it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Bern