Just returned home. Last week we found The Bight to have plenty of FCFS, although Kelly's Cove was full. Next day I planned to book BoatyBall for Cooper at 7:00 am, but got to talking over coffee and neglected to check until 8:00 am. Only one Boatyball remaining, which I booked. When we arrived mid-afternoon there was a boat on our ball, although with a dinghy with small family returning to the boat at the same time. We advised the ball was reserved by us and they apologized and quickly departed. The Cooper Island mooring field was completely full later in the afternoon with several late arrivals motoring through the boats looking for a ball. Several boats anchored just off the mooring field in what I understand is deep water. It was a calm night and no issues with any boats that we observed. The restaurant was very busy, food and service was excellent.

Next day was Leverick Bay where we observed both BoatyBall and FCFS available, but we stayed in the marina. It was windy and seas were a bit choppy out in the mooring field. We found Tito's personality has not improved, but he was responsive to our needs. The other dock hands were helpful. Charged us $1.50 a foot plus ice and electric (fair enough). The marina office contacted 'Tiger' to take us to Hog Heaven. Fantastic view and visibility, although cold and windy. Took some chopped pork back to our boat for later sandwiches. We found the pork to fall short of what we expected. The Upstairs Restaurant was excellent. We noticed more than a few boats were anchored over by Prickly Pear.

Next day we visited Oil Nut Marina. Very nice experience, and we had it to ourselves at lunch time. No charge for dock space for a temporary stop. There were numerous mooring balls that have been installed. I didn't ask about the charge for overnight.

Planned to meet some friends overnight at Diamond Cay. I checked BoatyBall and all were reserved. We did find two FCFS across from B-Line when we arrived in the early afternoon, all were taken by evening. We had dinner at Foxy's Taboo, where the service was okay, although the food was terrible.

We spent one night in the marina at Spanish Town. We found the marina and the surrounding infrastructure to still be in poor repair. We did have water and electricity at the dock. No ice available. Our dinner at Coco Maya was absolutely out of this world, and we spent way too much money … but had fun doing it.

We chartered with Dream Yacht Charter out of Scrub Island. The resort is as good as ever, perhaps even better. We found that DYC now controls the marina slips and has first option on all the space. Other charter boats are subject to availability upon arrival.

Noel Hall
"It is humbling indeed, to discover my own opinion is only correct less than 50% of the time."

www.noelhall.com