Originally Posted by susancat
The cancelled AA flights made getting back to Pittsburgh more difficult for sure. I calculated that inconvenience with the fact that the French government is not trying to mitigate the problems in St Martin in making my decision to look elsewhere for a beach vacation. I really feel bad about not returning to Grand Case this year...this wonderful little town needs all the tourism it can handle right now. It’s just not for me right now. My husband and I are in our 70’s. We first visited Grand Case in 1982. If we were still 29 we would be there fighting the fight. For now, we’ll look elsewhere....hopefully next year we’ll feel comfortable returning to St Martin. Thank you to all on this message board for your commitment to my favorite island.

Susancat,

I get it! The airline flight changes and cancellations are one very definite set of problems. The unrest on the island is a whole other issue but the bottom line - if you’re not comfortable being there in the area you want to visit, then choosing another destination was a good move on your part.

Time for all of us to back off and leave this one alone. ‘Nuff said!

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."