These may be a foolish questions but I have never done the dry ice routine. Typically I pack the frozen food with gel packs and it lasts. So maybe some odd questions but here I go:

1. Dry Ice is really cold, -109.3 F. Does this super low temp effect the quality of the food?
2. Normally we pre- prepare the food with spices. Does the dry ice effect this?
3. Do you need to vacuum seal with dry ice? We normally just zip lock and squeeze out the air.
4. Does vacuum seal protect the food in any way compared to Zip Lock and squeeze out the air?
5. Any issues with separating the dry iced frozen food bags?
6. Say we leave the house at 5 AM and arrive BVI at 3 PM. We will stay on the boat overnight, do you think we can just keep the food in the Polar Bear Cooler overnight then load up the fridge in the morning? Or should be load up the fridge that day we arrive? Maybe it helps cool the fridge?
7. What about foods that you cannot / or do not freeze? Yogurt for example? My wife has special brands / issues, so can you bring this in? With the dry ice frozen food effect something like this?

I can understand the ease of using dry ice as no need for carrying the gel packs, but you see I have some crazy questions to get a better understanding of using dry ice.

Dave

Dave