ShadowsOfKnight said:
My wife and I are taking a trip to explore the coast of Maine in a week or so. Just wondering if there's anyone here who has been there, and has any "must see" suggestions. We are spending a couple of days in Portland, and including a day trip south to York, Orchard Beach, and Kennebunkport. Then moving up to Bar Harbor for a few days to do Acadia National Park and a trip to Roosevelt Campobello (Canada). Thanks for any ideas.

I've been to all the locations on your itinerary (I'm guessing many New Englanders probably have as well). We've also visited Campobello. Big Roosevelt fan. We also enjoyed golfing nearby; beautiful course. If you have time, I'd add Ogunquit to your Kennebunkport trip and perhaps Boothbay Harbor when you're further north.

Coincidentally, I was just reading someone's Maine trip report on a website I occasionally read. I've read some of this person's reports in the past and although he tends to be more food oriented, he has included a number of pictures and links you might find useful.

http://blonde4ever.yuku.com/topic/27671/Mainely-Mojitos#.Uf7XkKxdCaQ

ps I'll 2nd the Kangamangee suggestion. Lots of beautiful spots to stop for pictures and short (or long) hikes.