I actually like HB better than club O, as it has a pool, and nice (free) all inclusive restaurants that serve 3 meals a day , and have free room service including deserts and drinks. big hot tub in each room.. the beach side palapas (sp) are relaxing. They had a free bus to playa del carmen to an underground restaurant one night.
the tour guide/arranger there at HB when we asked to go to Coba by car (a partially uncovered Mayan ruin google it) wanted us to pay the day before , so he could order a car from Cancun !!!!!! more than an hour away. Crazy to me.
The weather had been iffy, and that week some folks at HB had paid for a group catamaran snorkel trip, and it rained like never before all day- no refunds-no changes- they spent the trip inside the boat, which actually went out in the driving rain. I learned there is no spanish language translation for "refund" or "reschedule". Same in central and South America.
So -- I went to the sister hotel next morning (weather looked great) and asked the concierge (sp) for an all day private cab to Coba- He said no problem, $125 with a driver and a radio, take us there, wait, bring us back. Great!!
Beach at HB is not good tho.
whats the hotel next door name? Eldorado??