I wish that I could say the same.

We were booked to fly out of PHL on AA 2312, next Sunday, March 15. I had booked the tickets last April, and was really looking forward to the trip.
Saturday morning, after hearing more "Breaking News" on CNN, my wife announced " Cancel the trip - we are not going" No amount of reasoning could change her mind. She was totally caught up in the corona virus hysteria.
I called American about a refund, or, at least, store credit. No, you have a "Basic Economy" non-refundable fare. $904 down the toilet. I sent an e-mail to AA customer service, but I do not have my fingers crossed.

I had already put a 300 euro deposit on a studio appartment rental in Orient Village.( We stayed there last March - nice, cheap, and a 10 min. walk to OB ) I sent an e-mail to the new owner, and he wrote back telling me that there is no corona virus in Saint Martin. He also wants me to send him a balance of 200 euros, as he says he has a 30 day cancellation policy.

I am sure that I am not the only one facing this issue. I want to go - my wife says no. So, I guess that I'll have to stay home, and look at my wife's toilet paper collection. I am very unhappy. I was really jonesing for this trip.