loony said:
Sorry to disagree with many here but I do NOT think that this reef is well marked at all! They can and should do better so as to protect the reef. No one wants to run into a reef and I've always been surprised that at how it is marked. It should be marked so that in inclement weather and in calm weather (I have often seen it without any breaking water) the markers are well visible. By the way we live in the USVI on our sailboat so we are not casual or inexperienced boaters.

I started this thread over a month ago with the article from the STJ paper and a small diagram so " casual or inexperienced boaters" might get a heads up awareness before sailing this side of STJ and also because of the many posts from sailors of all levels who are familiar with the BVI that ask about clearing in to Cruz Bay from the BVI - anytime some one is sailing in waters that are new to them all information - from forums like this, paper charts, cruising guides,radar, GPS, depthsounders,vigilant visual observation and local lore can only help them enjoy a safe trip and visiting new cruising areas.