Originally Posted by VegasCanadian
It's just such a tough call, we're supposed to fly in 16 hours. My only real fear is getting stuck there and not being able to get a flight home. They've already closed schools and offices here for three weeks so we'll be self-isolating for two weeks after anyway so not so concerned about that. Just concerned about whether our flight back home a week from now will be going or not and if it's not what other options we'd have to get home.

As I mentioned......you wont have any options to get back home but at the end of the day, life is full of what if"s and only you can make that decision. So only a few months ago we were in a bit of a panic due to the strikes and it could have gotten very ugly as opposed to a massive inconvenience. If whilst you are there they shut the country down, again, you have no options, its that simple and just stay there and enjoy it, if you are able to financially and have no commitments. What else can you do? However, if an outbreak occurs in SXM, who knows what happens....? Not easy..I have about 3 weeks to decide but for those who have less than 10 days or so, I understand where you are coming from.